Wednesday, November 5, 2008


I'm tired today. I'm sore from YOGA last night and just overall wiped out! I hate that feeling. The world doesn't stop for me to be tired. There's still so much to do. Dishes, pick up kids, drop off kids, laundry, dinner, etc. I just wanta go to sleep!

On a positive note - I'm really enjoying my new job. Today was my 8th day. I'm learning a lot and finding that my long ago days of working in hotels in sales and catering is helping me now. Old terms and ways of doing things are coming back to me. It's been wonderful to see that I'm where I really want to be. This is what I'm good at, what makes me tick, what will get me to want to go to work each day. I'm so thankful!

Last night I lead a CubScout Tiger Den Meeting. If you aren't familiar with CubScouts, the Tigers are first graders. They are so much fun! So cute and fun to joke around with. I really enjoy working with them. At this age, the parents stay with their sons during meetings, so it's been great getting to know the families and having all that help in the meetings! I can tell the boys are getting more and more used to me. They aren't quite as quiet and reserved as they were the first few times we met. Now their personalities are showing and it's great to see.

As a follow up to an earlier post about my son getting bullied. The Assistant Principal followed through and the bully was confronted and disciplined. Much to my son's relief. I can tell that the Assistant Principal and my kid's teacher are still looking out for my son, and daughter, because they have put an end to another incident that resulted in the offender getting Saturday detention. He was poking them (my kids) in the chest and calling them "gay". The teacher immediately sent the bully to the office and he was quickly dealt with. I still wish this stuff didn't go on, but I'm glad that the administration is doing what they can.

I have to say a few words about my hubby. He has really changed, for the better, over the past year or so. He is much more involved with my kids and lately has been reading the "Love Dare" book that was highlighted in the Fireproof movie and has been really much more attentive to me. Can't complain about that! I really have a wonderful husband. He isn't perfect, none of us are, but he truly tries to keep me and our family a priority. It isn't easy, he has a lot of pressure at work and it's hard to come home and switch gears and not just zone in front of the TV. He helps get the kids to activities, make sure everyone is doing homework or chores, teaches them things like how to change the oil, mow the lawn, etc. He'll even forgo a favorite show to play Scrabble! What a guy! I love him and am so very blessed to have him in my life!

Well, I'll end this post now, since I've gotta go pick up kids! Blessings to all!

2 comments:

The Liller Family said...

Glad to hear things are going well! Hopefully we'll all see each other soon - I'll let you know when I'm in town again! Love ya!

Khakismum said...

TAG! you're it. I've tagged you in a blogger tag game. Go here:
http://parakeetcollege.blogspot.com/2009/05/crazy-eights.html
to read it and play along.